DORMITORY HOCKEY BEGINS

GORE AND SMITH HALLS MEET ON CHARLESBANK RINK THIS AFTERNOON.

The interdormitory hockey series will begin today when Gore and Smith Halls meet on the Charlesbank rink at 3.40 o'clock. Practically the whole schedule will be played off this week, and the games will be so arranged that every team will be able to have a sufficiently large number of players on hand.

All of the contests will be played under the conditions named below. A game will be forfeited if one of the teams does not appear within 15 minutes of the scheduled time. Freshman managerial candidates will act as referees, and if any complaints are to be made they should be submitted to E. W. Pavenstedt '20, Randolph 24, before 6 o'clock on the evening of the game. Players will furnish all their own equipment, except the pucks, which the H. A. A. will supply. Whenever possible, matches will be played on the Charles-bank rink which was built last year, although another similar rink is being made nearby, the extreme cold, however, having so retarded the work that it may not be ready this winter. Whenever the Charlesbank rink is being used by other teams, special low-board rinks for the interdormitory matches will be put up.

The informals' game with the Radio School will be played in the Arena on the evening of Thursday, January 17, and not in the afternoon, as announced formerly. This will be their first game of the season, the squad having its final practice on the indoor surface before this game at the Arena today.