1919 ROOM DRAWINGS TONIGHT

ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE IN COMMITTEE'S HANDS BY 6 TONIGHT.

The drawing of lots for assignment of rooms next year in the Senior dormitories will take place in Randolph 37 tonight at 6 o'clock, by which time all applications for accommodations must be in the hands of the rooming committee. During the usual office hours of the committee, from 4 to 6 o'clock, in Randolph 37, applications and information concerning the halls will be given to all Juniors. Applications received during the day will be under no handicap in the drawings tonight.

Contracts Not Binding.

The University authorities are particularly desirous that the custom of the Senior Class rooming in the Yard shall not be discarded because of the war, and in consequence have announced that men will be released from room contracts if they enter national service before completing their College course. Every Junior, whether he intends to return to College next year or not, is therefore asked to file his application for rooms in the dormitories so that in any eventuality he may have accommodations reserved for him.

A very large percentage of the Class of 1918 made applications for rooms in the Yard last January, so that all of the reserved halls were practically filled. The 1919 dormitory committee have decided, in view of the comparatively small number in the class, not to attempt to fill all of the Yard buildings, but to reserve only four halls: Hollis, Holworthy, Stoughton and Thayer. Matthewe has dropped from the list as its situation does not lead to class unity so much as does the homogeneous group formed by the other halls.

Juniors are advised to form in groups, the largest of which may contain 12 men, with not more than two men in a room. This is expedient, as the larger groups are given preference