CURTAIL WINTER CARNIVAL

Annual Dartmouth Festivities Affected by Coal Shortage.--Dispense With Usual Program.

In order to meet the demands of the coal situation, the advisory council of the Dartmouth Outing Club has decided to hold a greatly restricted Winter Carnival instead of the more elaborate affair planned previously. All indoor social events, with the exception of the Carnival Ball, have been eliminated, and this feature will be run in the most unpretentious manner possible. Carnival activities will start one day later, and practically the entire week-end will be given over to outdoor sports.

To be in keeping with the rest of the restricted Carnival, no fraternity receptions or dances will be held during the week, and fraternity house-parties will start, with the rest of the Carnival, one day later.

Entertainments Abandoned.

Falling under the ban are the customary supper-dance, which usually opened the week, the concert by the musical clubs, which closed it, the Dramatic Association performance, as well as fraternity dances. The one affair remaining, the Carnival Ball, will be greatly diminished in importance in comparison to the outdoor events.