SEVEN DEFEATED SAILORS 4-2

GOOD PASSING FEATURE OF SLOW SCRIMMAGE WITH RADIO SCHOOL.

In its scrimmage with the Radio School yesterday afternoon, the University informal hockey team won an easy victory, 4 to 2. For the third successive time, the ice in the Arena was exceedingly slow and sticky, and fast playing was impossible.

The naval team scored first on a long shot by Meigs from the middle of the rink which W. J. Louderback '20 was unable to stop. After this the University forwards began a more aggressive game and scored four times. All of the goals, moreover, came after the line had gone through the opposing defence. The passing was good in spite of the sticky ice. The individual scorers were E. Cabot '20, A. H. Bright '19, J. G. Coolidge '20 and R. Hoffmann '19. Just before the end of the game, Randall scored the sailors' last goal from a scrimmage.

The main weakness of the informals was the old fault of not holding their positions, and, in addition, the shooting was rather ragged and inaccurate. A point of offensive strength was the ability of the forwards to form a line quickly and to pass at the right moment. Also, the linemen checked back very effectively. As a result, the opposing line only got started down the ice twice.

There were no individual stars for the informal seven, and Meigs was the only prominent man on the naval team.

A second outside game for the informals was announced yesterday. On Wednesday, January 23, they will play the Wanderers, a fast amateur organization made up of some of the most prominent high school players in Greater Boston last year.

Blue-books are still posted on the bulletin boards of the Freshman Halls, and members of 1921 who wish to play Interdormitory hockey are asked to register in them. If a greater number do not come out, no series will be played.

The following is the lineup of the informals' game:

INFORMALS.  NAVAL RADIO SCHOOL.Bright, Coolidge, r.w.  l.w., RandallCabot, Hoffmann, Gibbs,  r.c. l.c., CannGross, l.c.  r.c., MeigsRice, l.w.  r.w., McCueStubbs, Robinson, c.p.  c.p., LelandHawkins, p.  p., MorganLouderback, Francis, g.  g., Perr