S. A. T. C. TEAM TO MEET NAVAL UNIT IN INFORMAL GAME

NAVAL SQUAD NUMBERS 27

The S. A. T. C. and the Naval Unit elevens will clash at Soldiers Field tomorrow afternoon. This game is to be informal and will be in the nature of a practice game. It is expected that later on games with outside teams will be scheduled. A contest with the Naval Radio is likely and it is probable that both the S. A. T. C. and Naval Unit elevens will play some of the near-by military camps. No definite schedule has as yet been announced.

Wednesday afternoon the combined Junior and Senior S. A. T. C. men elected E. J. Daley as captain. He was leader of the Dartmouth football team in 1911, and star end for four years. He also captained the baseball nine of 1912.

H. B. Sprague '11, star of the University eleven in 1908 when Coach Haughton took them for the first time down to New Haven, visited Soldiers Field Saturday and gave the squad a few pointers. He had only a few hours leave to spend however. H. Dadmun '17, captain of the 1916 University eleven, secured a three hours leave from his ship, and helped Coach Donovan Monday. R. C. Guild, for several years coach of the Second Team, and Lieutenant Westmore Wilcox '17 halfback and quarter-miler, have also aided in the coaching.

Scrimmaging was started last week and every day the coaches have been giving their squads as rigorous training as the conditions permit. Coach Donovan this week merged the Junior and the Senior S. A. T. C. candidates to form one good team and for the last few days there has been scrimmaging between the Naval Unit and the S. A. T. C. squads. The forward pass has been concentrated upon and developed with very satisfactory results.