GIVE! GIVE! GIVE!

On Monday the Campaign of the United War Workers will begin. At this time when Germany is laying down her arms in acknowledgement of defeat, we must not lessen our efforts to make the drive a success. During the many months before the boys can be brought back home their welfare must be cared for as in war.

The United War Workers of the World, for such they may be called, have from the start taken upon themselves the task of sustaining the morale and ministering to the comfort of our soldiers both overseas and at home. This work has involved no end of courage and sacrifice. Time and again a soldier has mentioned in his letter in glowing words of praise the work of the various charitable organizations which have done their utmost to make war less of a dreary and meaningless existence and more like the life at home.

But, like nearly all kinds of war activity, the work of the Red Cross, the Y. M. C. A., and all the other kindred organizations requires material assets for its support. In a certain sense, there is in this field a division of labor and sacrifice, which always means co-operation. Thousands of men and women engaged in active service in France are doing their utmost to carry on the work; it is the duty of those at home to extend to them every means at their disposal in the way of aid and encouragement. Nothing that we can do would more nearly fulfil this purpose than a large oversubscription to the present campaign fund.

It is no selfish hope of ours that this may be the last of the drives to which we shall have to contribute; the end of the war seems very near at present. But we must remember that there is a vast amount of work to be performed after the war by these same organizations and no money that we give shall go to waste.