50 BASEBALL PLAYERS REPORTED AT MEETING

YALE GAME POSSIBLE

Twenty-one candidates for the informal University baseball team and 29 Freshman players were present at the opening meeting of the season in the Trophy Room of the Union last evening. Dr. E. H. Nichols '86 and B. Wendell, Jr., '02 were unable to be present and the meeting was addressed by W. W. McLeod '19, who captained the nine in the fall games, Coach Hugh Duffy and R. McA. Lloyd '19, manager of the team.

McLeod placed emphasis upon the subordination of baseball to the R. O. T. C., and the fact that this necessary subordination called for harder work from the players at the field. In speaking of a possible game with Yale he stated:

"If Yale is played this season and there is reasonable hope for such a game, only men who are in the R. O. T. C. or who have been rejected for enlistment in the Army or Navy will be allowed to play on the University team. This eligibility ruling will be in accord with that at Yale, so that both teams will be on even footing."

Battery Men Report Today.

Battery candidates will report at the cage this afternoon at 2.15. The early work will be hampered by the heatless condition of the cage and Locker Building which will necessitate the players dressing in the dormitories. No supplies will be given the men during the preliminary season, but equipment as far as possible will be furnished when the squads are finally chosen.

More Managers Needed.

Only ten candidates reported yesterday for the Freshman managerial competition, a smaller number than for several years. New men may enter the competition today without handicap.