MORE WORK FOR ELI R. O. T. C.

REQUEST OF STUDENTS CAUSES FACULTY TO ADD TO SCHEDULE.

NEW HAVEN, CONN., FEB. 12.--In accordance with the request of the Yale student body, through the editorial columns of the Yale News, that the course in military science and tactics at the University be made the hardest course in the college curriculum, the Yale faculty has announced radical changes in the war courses now being given. In the future military studies are to predominate.

The faculty has ruled that all members of the R. O. T. C. shall take on three additional hours each week of classroom work in military subjects. In order to meet this requirement, students will be allowed to drop three hours a week of their regular academic work. Those whose rating is below 250, on a scale of 400, will be required to cancel the proportionate amount of academic work.

Furthermore, the Yale faculty has decided that all students who enter the college between now and the conclusion of the war must elect 18 hours a week of military work if they join the university R. O. T. C. These 18 hours may be sub-divided into six hours a week of classroom and six of practical work, three of military science, three of military history and three of French.

The faculty of the Sheffield Scientific School has voted that the ruling of the college faculty shall apply to all R. O. T. C. members in their department.

Will Open Three-Year Course.

Next fall Yale will inaugurate a three year course in artillery training. According to announcement from the university authorities those who complete the instruction offered will be immediately commissioned in the field artillery division of the Officers' Reserve Corps.