ATHLETIC COUNCIL IN FAVOR OF CONTINUATION OF SPORTS

Dean Briggs, Professor Corwin and Dean McClenahan Met at New Haven Yesterday.

At a conference held yesterday afternoon in New Haven, Professor Corwin of Yale, Dean McClenahan of Princeton and Dean Briggs of the University were present. One of the purposes of this meeting was to discuss the attitude to be taken by the colleges toward athletics. In a telegram sent to the CRIMSON by Dean Briggs last evening, he stated that the attitude of the meeting was, on the whole, favorable to intercollegiate sports this spring on a simple and inexpensive scale. It is most probable that during the coming week a meeting of the H. A. A. will be held to decide upon the practical points of the spring athletics at the University. In a conversation with a CRIMSON reporter last night Dean Briggs said: "We do not wish it to be thought that we regret our attitude toward football last fall. Not at all. But now that the R. O. T. C. is firmly on its feet, I think that a somewhat formal system of athletics may once more be employed."