COMMITTEE MAY ADOPT NEW ATHLETIC POLICY

FAVORABLE ACTION LIKELY

The Athletic Committee will meet this evening to discuss in detail the plans for athletics during the coming spring. According to a statement by Dean LeBaron R. Briggs '75 to a CRIMSON reporter last night, the chief question to be decided this evening is not that of the formality or informality of sport in the University, but rather of the advisability of resuming intercollegiate games in place of the present policy of meeting only cantonment and school teams. The question of intercollegiate games has not, until recently, received the support of the authorities of Yale, Princeton and the University, but in view of the need of a more general participation in athletics by undergraduates than resulted under the system in force throughout the first half of the college year, they have changed their attitude. The general opinion at the other two universities is now in favor of a renewal of the old type of competition on a less pretentious scale than formerly.

Various questions incident to the proposed change in the University's wartime athletic policy will be brought up and discussed this evening. Among these is the question of awarding regular or special insignia to men representing the University in athletic contests in the future, and possibly to those who have played on teams during the past football and hockey season.

Committee Lacks Three Members.

The Athletic Committee, which is usually composed of nine members, of whom three are from the undergraduate body, three from the Faculty, and three from the ranks of the graduates, is at present depleted to six members, besides Captain F. W. Moore '93, who will be present as secretary of the Athletic Association.

The following are expected to attend the meeting tonight: Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75, chairman, Dean H. A. Yeomans '00, Professor Dunham Jackson '08, Mr. Robert Herrick '90, R. E. Gross '19, and A. F. Tribble '19.