UNIVERSITY UNION A SUCCESS

LETTER FROM PRES. STOKES SAYS THAT IT HAS EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS.

The American University Union in Europe is successful even beyond expectations," writes Anson Phelps Stokes, president of the Union, in a letter recently received by Roger Pierce '04, Secretary of the Board of Trustees of the American University Union abroad.

This institution, which has its headquarters at 8 Rue de Richelieu, Paris, was opened in October, and has already a college membership list of 115. The Royal Palace Hotel, the Paris home of the Union, is crowded every night with men in uniform. Mr. Stokes writes: "It is delightful to have men drop in constantly who seem to appreciate the privileges of the place when they come here from their camps or the front, and I hear on all sides deep appreciation of the Union and what it is doing for college men."

Celebration Planned for Next Week.

Plans are being negotiated by the officers of the American University Union and a committee of professors of the University of Paris to commemorate the entrance of the American college into the war by a solemn festival to be held in the large amphitheatre of the Sorbonne on February 24. This affair is only one of the many manifestations of French interest in the new institution.