LLOYD GEORGE WINS

In spite of the fiery criticism levelled at him in press and Parliament, Lloyd George has again been successful in maintaining his position and prestige. He has shown the public that the Government's action in regard to the Versailles conference and General Robertson was fully justified.

The Versailles conference, which resulted in the increase of the War Council's power, was attended by all the Allies, and the plan of more closely centralizing affairs in this council was decided upon unanimously. This policy was dictated largely by the Italian disaster, which was the unfortunate result of lack of co-operation among the Allies. To prevent a recurrence of any such debacle, the conference decided on a more powerful war council as the most powerful war council as the most efficient way of running the war.

General Robertson, however, did not agree with the plan, and felt himself forced to resign.

That Lloyd George has pursued the right course the English papers and Parliament now admit. Much as the Government valued General Robertson, it had to carry out the plans determined upon at Versailles and agreed to by all the Allies--Plans which promised a more centralized and efficient administration of the war.

Lloyd George has weathered the worst storm of his career. He has emerged with added laurels, and proved once more that he is the one man to head the British Government.