FIELDING CANDIDATES REPORT FEBRUARY 27

TO PLAY SERVICE NINES

Fielding candidates for both the University and Freshman baseball squads will be called out next Wednesday afternoon, when members of the three upper classes are to report at 3.15 and Freshmen at 2.15. It was originally expected that fielders would not be summoned until the latter part of March, but the change in the athletic program caused an alteration of plans.

The final schedules have not been announced, but both will probably be completed within another week. A three-game series will be played with both Yale and Princeton, but no other collegiate games are to be scheduled. According to the regulations of the Athletic Committee, no games will be played on Class Day, and there will also be no games during the final examination period. The last contest for both University and Freshman nines will probably take place on Saturday, June 1.

Games With Service Teams.

Games with nearby service teams will be scheduled for the Saturdays what games are not to be played with Yale and Princeton, and it is possible that during the week practice games will also be played with service teams. In as much as the various military and naval organizations in and around Boston contain many professional and ex-University amateur players of ability, such contests will be exceptionally interesting.

The Freshmen, however, will play only Saturday games with local preparatory schools, except the contest with Yale in New Haven on June 1.