1918 BASEBALL SEASON GETS UNDER WAY TODAY

BUSY SEASON AHEAD

The 1918 baseball season for the University and Freshman squads starts this afternoon with the first workout for the fielding candidates on both squads. During the last fortnight, practice for the University and 1921 battery candidates has been held in the baseball cage, but the practice this afternoon will be the first for the entire squads. Fielding candidates for the University nine are to report in the cage at 3.15, while the Freshmen are to report at 2.15 o'clock. Already 26 have signified their intention of coming out for the University team, while 40 will try for the 1921 nine.

The University nine has a busy season ahead, for, in accordance with the decision reached by the University Athletic Committee on February 19, a triangular series of baseball games between the University, Yale and Princeton will be arranged this spring if possible. The team will also meet various service nines from the camps and training stations near Boston.

The schedule for the 1921 team will when compiled, probably include games with Andover, Exeter and Worcester Academies, and the Yale and Princeton freshmen.

Will Arrange Schedule Saturday.

As yet no agreement has been reached in regard to the dates for the University or Freshman triangular series. Saturday of this week, however, representatives from the University, Yale and Princeton are to meet in New Haven, and the schedule for the two series will probably be arranged then.

Already Coach Duffy, who will have charge of both the University and Freshman squads this spring, has expressed entire satisfaction with the showing of the two squads during the practice last fall and the recent battery practice in the cage. If a sufficient number of candidates are out for the teams this spring "the outlook is bright for the coming season."