STOREY TO SPEAK HERE SUNDAY

"LAWLESSNESS" WILL BE SUBJECT OF EMINENT JURIST'S ADDRESS.

Moorfield Storey '66 will speak in the Phillips Brooks House on Sunday, March 17, under the auspices of the Law and Graduate Schools Society. The speaker, who will take "Lawlessness" as his subject, will discuss law and order in the various communities of the country, and will show that lawlessness is prevalent in some cities in spite of the fact that it should be well handled in order to permit the nation to take full advantage of her resources. This lecture will be one of the series in which Dr. Henry Van Dyke, former American ambassador at the Hague, Captain Ian Hay Beith, of the British Army, ex-Consul General to Austria Albert Halstead, and ex-Secretary of State William J. Bryan have spoken.

Admitted to Bar in 1869.

Mr. Storey, who obtained his A.B. degree from the University in 1866 and his A.M. in 1869, and was also a graduate of the Law School; was admitted to the Bar in 1869, and has since become one of the leading lawyers of the country. He has in turn been president of the American, Massachusetts, and Boston Bar Associations, and is at present the president of the Anti-Imperialist League of this country. He has been twice an Overseer of the University, from 1877 to 1888 and from 1892 to 1910.

The speaker will give a few practical suggestions to those who intend to take up law as a profession in a separate meeting after the lecture.