WAR WORK AGAIN CUTS FACULTY

Four More Members Granted Leave of Absence by Corporation.

Four more members of the Faculty have been granted leave of absence for war work by the University Corporation at its meeting this week. Dr. Elmer Peter Kohler, Abbott and James Lawrence Professor of Chemistry, who left for Washington for war research work on the first of this month, has been granted an extended leave of absence to enable him to continue his services there for an indefinite period. He is stationed at the American Experiment Station of the Bureau of Mines as assistant to the Director in charge of research problems.

Assistant Professor Paul Terry Cherington, of the Graduate School of Business Administration, was granted leave of absence to go to Washington as assistant to Dean Gay in the Bureau of Planning and Statistics.

Leaves of absence were also granted to E. V. Brewer, instructor in German, who left the University to enter the present Ensign School, and to C. G. Smith, assistant in Physics, who has left for Washington to do special experimental work in that field. The Corporation voted to allow Assistant Professor Robert Matteson Johnston, of the History Department, a sabbatical year for 1918-19.