FRESHMAN SMOKER ASSURED BY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE

APRIL 8 TENTATIVE DATE

At the first meeting of the 1921 executive committee last night arrangements were made to hold a class smoker at an early date. Though it was deemed inadvisable to set the day definitely as yet the smoker will probably take place April 8. The usual movies, refreshments, music and cigarettes will be provided for the occasion. No decision was reached as to the customary spring jubilee, or the Freshman class dinner.

In compliance to the recommendation of the Student Council last fall that no undue expense be incurred on smokers in time of war, the Freshmen will follow in the steps of the Sophomore class and run the 1921 festivity on as economical a basis as is possible. Further announcements as to the details of the entertainment and the complete program will be made within the next few weeks.

Will Back Red Book.

The executive committee also decided to back the Red Book financially this year to the full extent of the class resources. Although the subscription price of the Red Book has been raised this year, it is expected that the publication will not be self-supporting this year because of increased expenses.

It was decided, after some discussion, that the chairman of the finance committee, upon his election, should automatically become a member of the executive committee. The chairman of the finance committee will be chosen, from amongst the 30 men appointed last week, according to ability shown in soliciting subscriptions for the 1921 treasury from the members of the Freshman class.

The addition of the financial chairman to the executive committee will increase the number of members of that body to 12. The present committee consists of 11 members, ex officio: the four class officers, the five Red Book Committee chairmen, the chairman of the dinner and the chairman of the entertainment committee.