FRESHMAN SWIMMING TEAM MEETS YALE IN NEW HAVEN

Prospects Not Bright.--Best Chances Are in Plunge.--Rand Out of Match.

The prospects for a Freshman victory over the Yale 1921 swimming team at New Haven, when they meet this afternoon at 4 o'clock are not over-bright. The 1921 men will be more than out-distanced in the dashes, in which L. N. Thurston of Yale will be an easy winner. The relay, too, will in all probability go to the Elis, as they recently failed by only three seconds of equaling the intercollegiate record. The University must pin its hopes of winning points on the plunge, in which the New Haven men are said to be weak, and the dive, in which there should be a close contest.

The Freshman team has been severely handicapped by the loss of L. H. Rand, the only winner of a first place in the recent Andover match, and D. H. Morris, a promising plunger, both of whom will be unable to make the trip to New Haven.

The events scheduled and the 1921 entries are as follows: 50-yard dash, G. L. Steward, E. C. Mott-Smith; 100-yard dash, E. R. Sumner, E. C. Mott-Smith; 220-yard dash, F. S. Stranahan; relay, E. C. Mott-Smith, G. L. Steward, F. S. Stranahan, E. R. Sumner; plunge, J. H. Eaton, H. W. Toepke; diving, N. R. Knox, A. Levy.