RUINS OF DANE HALL WILL BE TORN DOWN THIS SPRING

FIRE STILL A MYSTERY

Dane Hall will be torn down within the next few weeks and grass planted on the spot where it now stands, according to the decision of the University Corporation at their last meeting. Whether any building will be erected on the site of Dane Hall next year has not yet been decided. The work of dismantling the building will probably begin in two weeks, and will be completed, if possible, before Commencement.

The headquarters of the Bursar, who formerly occupied the eastern part of the ground floor of Dane Hall, will be in the Varsity Club for the remainder of the year unless the Corporation takes special action. Other rooms in the Varsity Club are being used by the Economics Department, which was also located in Dane until the fire last February. Captain Parker, commandant of the University Ensign School, who was also forced to change his office because of the fire, will continue to have his headquarters in Wadsworth House.

Cause of Fire Still Mystery.

The fire which swept the interior of Dane Hall broke out in the middle of the day on February 4. The cause of the blaze has remained a mystery. Though no great damage was done, owing to the activity of members of the Cadet and Radio Schools, it was not until the fire had had full play for four hours that it was brought under the control of the firemen.