WILL HOLD FRESHMAN JUBILEE

CLASS VOTED UNANIMOUSLY IN FAVOR OF HAVING ANNUAL PARTY.

It was decided unanimously at a mass meeting of the class of 1921 in Smith Halls Common Room last night that the jubilee, which has proved so successful in previous years, will be celebrated this season. June 1 is the probable date of the affair, which is the most important social event on the Freshman calendar.

President Faxon opened the meeting, and introduced as the first speaker J. K. Berry '18, a former jubilee committee chairman, who spoke on the aspect of the celebration from his own point of view. Berry emphasized the importance of the affair in bringing the class together as a unit, and developing class spirit.

Must Have a Singing College.

Dr. A. T. Davison '06 spoke next, telling particularly of the musical part of the program. "We are learning," he said, "that we must have a singing army, as England and France and Germany have singing armies. It is a military necessity; and in the same way we must have a singing college. It is one of the most hopeful signs that the Freshman class is establishing a musical tradition, and I should be sorry to see it broken."

If the jubilee committee, which will be announced tomorrow, follows the precedent established by former classes, the singing will form a large part of the program. In the afternoon there will be entertainments in the Common Rooms and the students will have private spreads in their own rooms. In the evening a buffet supper will be served in the quadrangle of Smith Halls. Intramural singing contests will follow, and President Lowell will present the silver loving cup now held by Smith Halls to the winning dormitory.