PART OF WIDENER REMODELED

Delivery Desk Facilities Now Being Rearranged.--Collection Added.

The University Library Committee has undertaken to remodel completely the delivery room of Widener Library. New furniture is being installed, as well as devices to make more efficient and convenient the handling of books from the stacks.

At the time the Library was built in 1914-15, the furniture and arrangements were temporarily installed until use should make clear what furnishings would be best adapted to the needs. The present instalment is permanent, and will be completed tomorrow.

A number of new books and photographs relating chiefly to the theatre are now being received by the Library from the collection of Evert Jansen Wendell '82, who died last year in France in addition to the books received, several thousands of prints and playbills have been received and have been added to the University's collection.

When Evert Wendell died on August 27, 1917, in the hospital at Neuilly, France, he left his entire literary collection to the Library. The present instalment is the first advantage that has been taken of the gift. The collection, which still remains at the disposal of the University, is very extensive and valuable.