1921 SONG COMPETITION STARTS

Compositions Must be Handed in at Music Building by April 23.

Details as to the Freshman class song competition, which will be open to all members of the class of 1921, have now been made public. All compositions must be handed in at the office in the Music Building before noon, April 23. The best song among those submitted will be chosen by Dr. A. T. Davison '06 and a committee of upperclassmen.

The rules governing the contest are simple. Both music and verses must be composed by Freshmen, without outside assistance, although both need not be done by one man; two competitors may collaborate if they wish. The song to be finally selected must be light and lively, and though no ragtime will be accepted, the music should not be too solemn. The winning song will remain the permanent class song and will also form an important part of the jubilee program.

All men who can sing or play any instrument well and would be willing to take part in the entertainment to be held in Smith Halls Common Room on the afternoon of the jubilee are asked to hand in their names to T. S. Lamont, Standish C 23, as soon as possible.