MAJOR FLYNN PLEASED WITH CORPS' SHOWING

UNIFORM RULINGS MADE

"I wish to express my appreciation of the fine showing made by each of the three battalions in their inspections this week, not only in their neat, trim appearance, but also in the certainty and precision with which the men executed all their movements," said Major Flynn, after the inspection of the Second and Third Battalions yesterday. "Some of the military authorities at the University feared, after such a long period without practical drill, the Corps would be unable to make a creditable showing. I, however, held no such fear concerning the regiment, and was greatly pleased to see that my firm belief in the men was well-founded. The general appearance of the troops was excellent throughout, and I feel certain that the Corps will make a most creditable showing in the parade in Boston next week."

Contrary to his expectations, Captain A. McC. McDonell, C. A. C., the Government's official inspecting officer for the University Corps, did not return to Cambridge yesterday for the review of the Second and Third Battalions. In his absence the inspection was conducted by Major Flynn, assisted by the battalion commanders; and the two organizations were afterwards reviewed separately by their commanding officers. In spite of the slippery condition of the turf, the companies held their lines remarkably straight while passing in review.

Uniform Regulations Made.

Another announcement of importance to the men of the Training Corps was made by the Headquarters Office of the R. O. T. C. yesterday, when orders for the wearing of uniforms after the coming vacation were issued by the University military authorities. The order is in substance as follows: "Commencing immediately after spring vacation, all men in either course in Military Science will wear uniforms at all drills, lectures, sections, or other formations connected with Military Science. This rule will be strictly enforced."

Moreover, beginning at the same time, uniforms may be, and it is strongly urged by the Military Office that they shall be, worn by all members of the Corps, at all times, and in all places.