MAY TRAIN 30,000 COLLEGE MEN WITH NATIONAL ARMY

Proposal Submitted to Give R. O. T. C. Members Chance to Enlist in Camps.

The War Department has recommended to the General Staff that 30,000 members of college training corps be given a month's military training this year at the various cantonments in the United States, from June 1 to July 1. An age of between 17 and 20 would be necessary to qualify. It is proposed to send an equal number of men to each cantonment, where they will receive thorough training as privates in the National Army.

Major Flynn made the following statement yesterday when questioned concerning this new plan of the War Department: "This office has as yet no advices as to the probable action of the War Department regarding future training camps. Judging from experience, however, it would seem that the War Department will give its directions in the matter very shortly before they are expected to be executed. All young men, therefor, with aspirations to attend training camps must have their lamps burning and be prepared to go forth at once, since when the summons comes, time for further preparation will have passed."