PERFORMANCE OF FOUR PLAYS BY 47 WORKSHOP TONIGHT

Distinct War Aspect to Sketches Which Will be Given at Pi Eta Theatre.

There will be a distinct war aspect to the four one-act plays to be given at the third private performances of the 47 Workshop tonight and tomorrow night at 7.45 o'clock in the Pi Eta Theatre. Three of the plays--"Every Man's Bit," "The Readjustment" and "Free Speech"--deal either directly or indirectly with subjects growing out of the war. All of them are written, acted and managed by students of Professor Baker's English 47 course.

"Every Man's Bit," written by Miss Lois Compton of Radcliffe, deals with a British slacker who is reformed and forced to enlist by the occurrence of a Zeppelin raid on London which kills his little girl. The former brutal father and husband is brought to his senses by this tragedy.

Hubert Osborn, Sp.,'s "The Readjustment" is the most mature and subtle of the plays. "Free Speech," by W. L. Prosser '18, is a farce on the present Russian situation; "Dayspring," by J. F. Froome, Sp., is a poetic sketch about a man who has committed a murder, but who is finally saved by the testimony of a doctor.