The Theatre in Poston

"Getting Together."

By N. R. Ohaba g.

"Getting Together," at the Majestic, is dramatized propaganda, and as such ranks as the best piece that has touched Boston this season. It is as plotless as the Follies and as well equipped scenically as that hardy annual, but there the comparison ceases. Ziegfeld capitalizes pulchritude and "Getting Together" does the same thing with patriotism.

There is a trifling sub-plot of love running through the piece, beginning with the eternal triangle and ending with mutual forgiveness by husband and wife; but it is obvious that the love interest was created only to hitch the acts together. In no other way might the scene painter introduce his sets for a Manhattan drawing room, a first-line trench and a battered village of France. Besides, the plot matters little.

The greatest thriller of the season is a brief scene in the front-line trench when companies of American and British soldiers climb over the top and fall in behind a wicked-looking tank that sweeps out across No Man's Land. It looks, sounds and smells like the real thing, and, as they say of circus features, is alone worth the price of admission.

Holbrook Blinn and Blanche Bates have roles that permit of negligible characterization, but their acting is finished and convincing for all that. Lieutenant Gitz Rice, Harrison Brockbank, and Percival Knight, are inserted like vaudeville specialties, but with their songs they ring up a hit apiece.

"Getting Together" is presented for the Allied War Charities, and because of that fact there is no war tax on the tickets.