TENNIS TEAM LOST TO LONGWOOD

University Far inferior; Only Win Was in Doubles Match.

The University tennis team was easily beaten by the Longwood Cricket Club team Saturday afternoon, winning only one out of the nine matches played. All six of the single matches were lost, A. A. Claflin '20 and W. W. Rice '18, winning one of the three doubles, however, by the score of 6 to 4, 4 to 6, 7 to 5, from Baker and Dexter of the Longwood team. The University team was outclassed by its older opponents, none of the eight losing matches being even close. The summary:

Singles.--Niles defeated E. B. Benjamin '18, 6 to 1, 6 to 1; Wightman defeated F. M. Warburg '19, 6 to 0, 6 to 0; Abbott defeated A. A. Claflin '20, 6 to 4, 6 to 0; Rand defeated W. W. Rice '18, 7 to 5, 6 to 1; Taylor defeated A. E. Kirk '20, 6 to 2, 6 to 3; Butler defeated H. G. Trevor '20, 6 to 2, 6 to 0. Doubles.--Niles and Hart defeated Benjamin and Kirk, 6 to 2, 6 to 1; Cummins and Andrews defeated Trevor and Warburg, 7 to 5, 6 to 3; Claflin and Rice defeated Baker and Dexter, 6 to 4, 4 to 6, 7 to 5.

Andover Won Interscholastics.

In the finals of the University interscholastic tennis tournament held Saturday, Andover won the shield offered by the H. A. A. with 13 points, Exeter and Newton High trailing with 6 and 4 points, respectively.

Kaltenbach of Andover was the individual winner, defeating Carleton of the same school 7 to 5, 3 to 6, 7 to 5.