KROGNESS 1921 TRACK LEADER

Meet With Technology May 8.--Entries For Andover Contest.

Christopher George Krogness, Jr., of Oak Park, Ill., has been appointed captain of the Freshman track team, the appointment to take effect at once. Krogness, who is the best all-around athlete on the squad, prepared at Exeter, where he was prominent in track and field athletics. Though he has had little chance this spring to show his ability, he made a record for himself last winter by winning the high jump in the B. A. A. meet.

The date with M. I. T., which has been pending for some time, has now been definitely settled. Both the University and the Freshman teams will meet the Technology men next Wednesday, May 8, in the Stadium. It was doubtful for a time whether the M. I. T. squad would be in condition in time to play the University on Wednesday, as it is scheduled to compete with Cornell at Ithaca Saturday.

Entries for the 1921 meet with Andover Saturday were announced by the track management yesterday. They are subject to change without notice. The order of events will be fixed later.

100 and 200 yards.--C. G. Krogness, E. O. Gourdin, C. B. Butterfield, J. M. B. Churchill.

Quarter mile.--Churchill, J. T. Baldwin, C. A. Page.

Half mile.--J. P. McAdams. J. E. Nally, P. T. Cumner, H. M. Doherty. A W Douglass, H. Perrin, E. I. Damon, G. W. Howe.

One mile.--Cumner, Damon, Nally, Perrin, Weld, B. W. Boyden.

High and low hurdles.--Krogness, W. Goodell, Page.

Broad jump.--Gourdin, Krogness, Page, Goodell.

High jump.--Krogness, Goodell, Gourdin.

Weights.--A. McElwain, G. C. Monl Krogness