300 NOW ENROLLED IN R. O. T. C. JULY CAMP

TRAINING STARTS JULY 1

The length of the June Camp for under-age men will have no effect upon the attendance at the University's Summer Training Camp, according to the Military Office, which has announced that all men who go to the Government school will be allowed to enter the University Corps for the rest of the summer, even though the dates of the two camps overlap. Already 300 men have been accepted for the summer training at the University July 1 has been officially set as the opening date of the camp.

Opportunity to Serve as Officers.

Military Science 2 men will not have to pay for their summer training at the University, as they had practically the same work last year. They will have, however, ample opportunity to gain experience in commanding as officers and non-commissioned officers in the regiment.

Nothing new has been heard from Washington concerning the June under age camp, but certain announcements have been made by the Military Office with reference to the intensive course of training that is to be taken up by the men enrolled for the June Camp after the conclusion of their early final examinations and before the opening of the Camp. Next Monday these men will be formed into a unit for special drill, and in addition to this they will be required to attend all formations of the regiment until they are dismissed for a short vacation prior to the commencement of the Government training school.

Special Training at Devens.

With regard to the coming encampment at the University, too, the Headquarters Office has offered several men an opportunity to obtain real war training at Devens during the next two weeks, provided that they will attend the Government Camp in June and will then return to Cambridge as specialty instructors in the R. O. T. C. All volunteers for this work must sign up at Headquarters before noon today.