TRACK TEAM DEFEATED 67-50

M. I. T. WON DISTANCE RUNS AND DASHES.--1921 ENTRIES STRONG.

Despite a bad loss at Cornell last Saturday, the M. I. T. track men defeated the University runners in the Stadium yesterday afternoon by the decisive score of 67 points to 50. In all the dashes and distance runs the Technology team was clearly far superior to its opponents, and it was only in the weights and jumps that the Crimson men showed to good advantage.

The most evident conclusion to be drawn from the meet is that the Freshman entries were in general far better than the University runners, as may be judged by the results in points. Of the 50 points won by the University men, 25 or exactly half, went to C. G. Krogness, captain of the 1921 track squad, E. O. Gourdin '21 and G. G. Monks '21 combined. The outstanding point-makers of the University squad were D. J. Duggan '20, P. E. Stevenson '20, H. D. Corning '20 and Captain H. D. Costigan '20 in the runs; and J. F. Linder '19, C. F. Batchelder '20, A. Stevens '19 and J. J. Albright '19.

Triangular Meet May 25.

At present there is no meet on the University schedule until May 25, when the squad will meet Yale and Princeton at New Haven. The intervening period will give the men an opportunity to improve the general work of the team.