UNIVERSITY NINE AND CREW PREPARED FOR FINAL CONTESTS WITH YALE TODAY

55TH RACE AGAINST YALE

For the 55th time a University crew will row against Yale when the Blue and the Crimson meet in a two-mile race on the Housatonic River this afternoon at 6 o'clock. The two rivals have not met on the water since 1916, when the University lowered the four-mile record to 20 minutes and 2 seconds. This year the race will take place for the first time on Yale's new and shorter course on the Housatonic.

The order of the University crew will be the same as a month ago in the race with Princeton on Lake Carnegie, but several important shifts have been made in the list of Yale rowers. Price, who pulled No. 6 in the race with Pennsylvania, has been succeeded by Austin of the second crew, while Vail, No. 7, and Mead, No. 3, have exchanged seats.

Although there is almost no data from which to make a comparison of the rival crews, the University is slightly the favorite in view of its victory over Princeton and the Blue's defeat at the hands of the Quaker oarsmen. This advantage, however, would seem to be balanced by the Crimson's lack of experienced men, none of the crew being veterans, in contrast to the Elis, who have three of last year's first boat entered in the race today, Hyatt, Mead and Vail. Statistics of the oarsmen show that the University outweighs the Eli eight pounds to a man.

The two crews will row in the following order:

University: Stroke, Captain R. S. Emmet '19; 7, F. B. Whitman '19; 6, D. L. Withington, Jr., '20; 5, F. Parkman '19; 4, C. F. Batchelder, Jr., '20; 3, J. F. Linder, Jr., '19; 2, J. S. Coleman '19; bow, R. H. Bowen '20; cox., C. Reynders '20.

Yale: Stroke, Captain Hyatt; 7, Mead; 6, Austin; 5, Adams; 4, Knox; 3, Vail; 2, Munson; bow, McHenry; cox., Knott.