PRES. LOWELL TO TOUR FOR LEAGUE OF NATIONS

REACHES BOSTON FEB. 7

President Lowell will be one of a group of prominent men who are to tour the country during the month of February and speak in behalf of a league of nations at a series of congresses held in large cities. Ex-President William H. Taft will preside at each congress; others in the party are James W. Gerard, former ambassador to Germany, Henry Van Dyke, ex-minister to The Netherlands, Frank P. Walsh, former joint chairman of the National War Labor Board,. Mrs. Phillip North Moore, president of the National Council of Women, and Rabbi Wise of the Free Synagogue, New York.

Trip Begins at New York.

The trip is to begin with the Atlantic Congress in New York, February 5 and 6. The New England Congress will be held in Boston, February 7 and 8; the Great Lakes Congress in Chicago, February 10 and 11; the Middle West Congress in Minneapolis, February 12 and 13; the Northwestern Congress in Portland, Ore., February 18 and '19; the Far West Congress in Salt Lake City. February 21 and 22; the Mid-Continent Congress in Kansas City, February 24 and 25; and the Southern Congress in Atlanta, February 27 and 28. The League to Enforce Peace is organizing the tour for the purpose of stimulating public interest, and at each rally it is expected that resolutions will be adopted calling for the formation at the peace conference of "a practicable business-like league of nations." Copies of such resolutions will be sent to Versailles and to the United States Senate.

President Lowell is state chairman for Massachusetts on the national executive committee of the League to Enforce Peace. He is also a member of a joint committee, of which Edward Cummings '83 is chairman, of the League of Free Nations Association and the League to Enforce Peace. Other members of this committee are J. Randolph Coolidge, Jr., '10, H. M. Kallen '03, John F. Moore '83, Joseph Walker, L. '90, and J. Mott Hallowell '88.