GROSS AND FLOWER TIED FOR MARSHAL; CANFIELD CHOSEN FOR THIRD MARSHAL

91 VOTES CAST

The elections of the Class of 1919 held yesterday for its permanent and Class Day officers resulted as follows:

First Marshal: Tie between Henry Corwin Flower, Jr., of Kansas City, Mo., and Robert Ellsworth Gross, of West Newton.

Third Marshal: Cass Canfield, of Roslyn, L. I., N. Y.

Treasurer: Lloyd Kirkham Garrison, of New York, N. Y.

Orator: Frank Whiting Hatch, of Medford.

Ivy Orator: Frederick Marcus Warburg, of New York, N. Y.

Poet: James Russell Parsons, of New York, N. Y.

Odist: Robert Tyng Bushnell, of Andover.

Chorister: Mayo Adams Shattuck, of North Seattle, Wash.

The total number of votes cast was only 91, a much smaller showing than was anticipated. This is approximately 175 less votes than were cast last year.

The voting for marshals was as follows:   First Marshal  Other Votes  Total R. E. Gross,  21  46  67 H. C. Flower, Jr.,  21  45  66 C. Canfield,  9  41  50 F. Parkman,  7  40  47 E. L. Casey,  19  38  57 G. C. Barclay,  9  31  40 R. S. Emmet,  4  21  25 R. Cobb,  1  11  12   91  273  364

The election of the marshals was carried on in accordance with the following rule: "Every voter shall vote for three candidates for Marshals, indicating his preference for First Marshal. Of the three elected, that candidate receiving the highest number of votes for First Marshal shall be elected First Marshal; of the other two elected, that one whose total vote is higher shall be Second Marshal, and the other one Third Marshal.

On account of the tie vote for First Marshal between R. E. Gross and H. C. Flower, Jr., these two men will be put up for election next Tuesday at the same time the class Secretary and committees are elected. Of these two men the one who receives the larger number of votes will be elected First Marshal, and the office of Second Marshal will go to the other.

The voting on the other class officers was as follows:

Treasurer.L. K. Garrison,  41W. R. Odell, Jr.,  26G. A. Brownell,  24Orator.F. W. Hatch,  53B. L. Wells,  38Ivy Orator.F. M. Warburg,  35C. R. Larrabbee,  33F. M. Trainer,  23Poet.J. R. Parsons,  52R. C. Rand,  39Odist.R. T. Bushnell,  54R. Little,  29A. Shaw, Jr.,  8Chorister.W. A. Shattuck,  51C. W. Cook,  4