MAYOR PETERS GUEST OF UNIVERSITY TONIGHT

OUTLINE SERVICE PLANS

Mayor Andrew J. Peters '95, LL.B. '98, will be the principal speaker at a meeting in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House tonight at 7.45 o'clock at which the year's social service plans will be outlined. Other speakers will be Charles F. Ernst '08, formerly in charge of the South Bay Union; and W. W. McLeod '19.

Mayor Peters' talk is on the subject of "Reconstruction," with special attention to social welfare problems arising out of reconstruction work. Mr. Ernst will tell of some of the difficulties which new volunteer workers must expect to meet, and McLeod, the undergraduate speaker, will describe his experiences in rehabilitation work for discharged soldiers.

Discuss Purpose and Scope of Work.

G. C. Barclay '19, chairman of the Social Service Committee, will preside. The purpose and scope of the work to be undertaken for the rest of the year will be discussed after E. B. Schwulst '19, Social Service Secretary, has summed up the suggestions and criticisms made by head workers and head residents at a conference a week ago. Schwulst will also present some of the opportunities which are now available for men in social service.

Last year, in spite of abnormal conditions, about 300 men were engaged in this kind of work. The Social Service Committee is anxious that this record should be equalled if not bettered this year.