COMITE FRANCE AMERIQUE OFFERS ORATORICAL PRIZE

Contest for Gold Medal in April on Conditions of French Civilization.

The "Comite France-Amerique" founded in 1909 by Gabriel Hanotaux, Foreign Minister of France for the purpose of "promoting cordial relations between France and the New World" has offered the University a gold medal as the prize for the "France-Amerique Oratorical Contest."

The contest will be held in French and will take place the latter part of April. It is under the supervision of Mr. L. J. A. Mercier, Mr. E. L. Raiche, and Dr. R. L. Hawkins '03, of the French Department, with W. H. Bassett '20, Y. H. Buhler '20 and P. K. Fisher, 3 Eng., of the Cercle Francais co-operating. The subjects will be the conditions and aspects of French civilization. Final plans and conditions of the contest will be announced in February.

The "Comite France-Amerique" has done much work since its foundation and numbers among its members President Lowell, President Nicholas Murray Butler, of Columbia University, and Mr. Robert Bacon '80, former French Ambassador.