L. B. LEONARD '18 NEW I.C.A.A.A.A. PRESIDENT

THREE EXCEPTIONS MADE

At the annual meeting of the Executive Committee of the I. C. A. A. A. A. in New York yesterday, Laurence Barberie Leonard '18, of Lynn, was elected president to succeed J. C. Bolton '20, last year's president. The committee voted that all members of the Students' Army or Naval Training Corps Units who continued their college work without interruption, and all men who left their colleges to enter the service of the United States or its Allies, or to engage in war work, should be regularly eligible for competition in the IntercollegiateS this spring.

There were, however, three stipulations. First, all men who were discharged before January 6 should have reported to their colleges on that date; second, those who remained in the service after January 6 must report within three weeks from the time of their discharge or resignation from the service; third, all prospective competitors must have reported to their colleges by April 1.

This resolution will be presented to the I. C. A. A. A. A. at its meeting at Columbia University on March 1. G. T. Kirby of the Advisory Committee stated that the adoption of these additions to the eligibility rules by the governing faculty committee of every college and university seems assured.

Thornton Gerrish '01, was the other representative of the University at the meeting.

The committee did not definitely decide when and where the Intercollegiates are to be held this year. This decision will be made at the meeting of the entire I. C. A. A. A. A. in New York on March 1.