CRIMSON WILL OPEN NINE WEEKS' COMPETITION MONDAY

Shortened Contests For All Departments Offer Unusual Opportunities to Aspirants.

Candidates for the news, business, and editorial departments of the CRIMSON will report Monday evening at 7 o'clock at the CRIMSON Building, 14 Plympton street.

There will be two series of competitions this year, each one lasting approximately nine weeks, a shorter time than any previous CRIMSON competition. The second will be held after the spring recess.

Juniors, including men from 1919 so registered, will be eligible for the editorial staff, which is open to them alone. The news and business contests will be open to Sophomores and Freshmen in both terms. There are more vacancies on the various staffs than ever before, giving candidates more favorable opportunities than ever of making the Board.

These competitions afford an opportunity of acquiring valuable journalistic and business experience. The election of news candidates will be based on the amount of news gathered and general initiative, and for business candidates, on ability to secure advertisements, solicit subscriptions, and perform a small amount of clerical work.