Medical Graduates Attain High Rank

Many graduates of the University Medical School have attained a high rank in the Medical Corps of the Army overseas. Two of these, Wm. L. Thayer, former Professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins University and medical member of the American Red Cross Commission to Russia, and J. M. T. Finney, former Professor of Surgery at Johns Hopkins University, have been made brigadier generals.

Others who have received promotions are Colonel Harvey Cushing '95, consulting surgeon and formerly head of Base Hospital No. 5; Lieutenant-Colonel W. B. Cameron, attached to the research department of the Army Central Laboratories at Dijon; Lieutenant-Colonel R. C. Cabot '90, member of the staff of Massachusetts General Base Hospital No. 6 stationed at Bordeaux; and Lieutenant-Colonel R. P. Strong, chairman of the Committee on Trench Fever, whose work in this connection was one of the great medical contributions of the war. Colonel Strong is now detached from the Army and has succeeded Colonel Alexander Lambert as chief of the Department of Research and Intelligence of the American Red Cross.