FALL BOOK LIST INOLUDES THRee NEW PUBLICATIONS

University Press Announces Volumes by Members of Faculty.--Prices Go up Soon.

Included on the fall publication list of the Harvard University Press, to be ready for sale on November 15, are three new books by members of the University Faculty. The first of these, "The Italian Emigration of Our Times," by Robert F. Foerster '06, Professor of Social Ethics at the University, considers the emigration question from the Italian point of view, investigates both the causes of the recent great migration from Italy and its effect on the countries which it strikes. He gives especial consideration to the Italian in this country and outlines a general emigration policy for Italy and other countries.

"Kostcs Palamas: The New World Poet," is the second book on the list, being translated by Aristides E. Phoutrides '11. Kostes Palamas, the Secretary of the University at Athens, has been awarded a place as one of the greatest modern European poets by French Critics, although his works have been little known in America. Dr. Phoutrides provides a long introduction, giving an account of Palmas and his works, as well as a translation of most of his poetry.

"Mythical Bards and the Life of William wallace," by William H. Schofield, Ph. D. 95, Professor of Comparative Literature at the University, is the last of the new publications. Professor schofiled treats the life of William Wallace as set forth by the legendary Scotch bard, "Blind Harry," and draws conclusions as to its folk-lore elements quite different from those of most philosophers.

Owiing to the increased cost of publication of books, the University Press will be compelled to advance the prices of many works next week. Some of the well-knows books of recent years that well be affected are: Professor T. N. Carver's "Essays on Social Justice," from $2.00 to $2.25; Professor C. H. Haskins' "Norman Institutions," from $2.75 to $3; Professor G. L. Kittredge's "Chaucer and His Poetry," from $1.25 to $1.45; Elihu root's "The U. S. and the War, etc," from $2.50 to $3; Oswald Siren's "Giotto and Some of His Followers," from $12, to $12, and Profesor G. C. Whipple's "State Sanitation" from $2.50 to $2.75.

The Press also announce the taking over from a Boston publishing house of the "Harvard Studies in English." This forms one of a number of "Harvard Studies" in various academic subject.