ACTIVITIES OF WIRELESS CLUB RESUMED NEXT WEEK

New Quarters in Basement of Union; Modern Equipment Secured for Work.

After enforced idleness of more than two years, owing to the war, the Harvard Wireless Club will resume its activities next week. A license has already been taken out by the club, and a station has been established in the basement of the Union, on the Quincy street side. This station is equipped with a complete modern transmitting set, and the club expects soon to have the most recent type of receiving apparatus. The club will hold its first meeting in its new quarters on next Wednesday at 4.30 o'clock.

Founded Nine Years Ago.

The Wireless Club was founded in 1910, with Professor Pierce '99, director of the Cruft Laboratory, as permanent president. In 1916 the club became affiliated with the American Radio Relay League, and maintained a wireless relay service. At this time the club had a membership of about 60 men, but, owing to the declaration of war in 1917, it was necessary to disband.

New Men With Experience.

This year the club intends to reorganize on its old basis, thus giving undergraduates an opportunity to become proficient in radio operation. A call was issued recently for all men holding first-class commercial licenses, or any operators of the U. S. N. R. F. with ratings above electricians, second class. This was in order to establish a nucleus of men thoroughly experienced as operators, upon which to build the club.