A DANGEROUS COMPARISION

Cummunication

(The Crimson invites all men in the University to submit signed communications of timely interest. It assumes no responsibility however, for sentiments expressed under this head and reserves the rights to excludes any whose publication would be palpably inappropriate.)

Editors of the Harvard CRIMSON;

Please let me ask Mr. Laski one question. He draws a comparison between the police of Boston, who are on strike, and soldiers in the army. Would he advise, or rather, justify, the striking of soldiers who were dissatisfied with pay or conditions?

The issue of the Boston police strike is more than a local one. Law and order, represented by officials of the state and city, have decided that the police were at fault in leaving their posts. Whether Mr. Curtis failed in having the vacant posts guarded by reserves or guardsmen is not the issue. The posts should never have been left vacant!

It seems to me a particularly dangerous and unwise time for a man in Mr. Laski's somewhat authoritative position to attempt to justify the desertion of their duty by the officers of the law. NORMAN H. WHITE,JR.,'20.