CO-OP SALES GAIN IN '18-'19

PROFITS OF HARVARD BRANCHES TOTALLING $11,200 TO BE DIVIDED.

The total sales of merchandise at the Harvard Square and Technology stores of the Harvard Co-operative Society during the fiscal year extending from July 1, 1918, to June 30, 1919, amounted to $560, 828.20. This figure represents a total increase over the sales of the preceding fiscal year of $81,467; $51,064.30 of this total increase was made at the Harvard Square stores. The increase at the Technology Branch store amounted to $16, 114.57. There was a further increase in sales at the two barber shops and the Canteen at Technology which amounted to $14,288.13.

Net Profit $43,472.17.

Out of these returns from the sale of merchandise there was a total net profit of $43,472.17 made at all the stores. Of this total, $27,073.02 was made at the Harvard Square stores. The president of the society states in his annual report that, in view of the very small enrolment of students in the University, and the consequent falling off of sales during the first six months of this fiscal year, this volume of business is excellent.

After certain deductions were made from the net profits of each store, the Harvard Square stores have available for dividends $11,200. The Technology stores have available $8000.

Dividends Ready for Delivery.

With this as a resource, the stockholders have declared a dividend of 9 per cent. on all cash purchases and 7 per cent. on charge purchases at the Harvard Square stores. At Technology the dividends will be paid at the rate of 10 per cent. on cash purchases and 8 per cent. on charge sales. Dividends are now ready for delivery at the main store in Harvard Square, or at the Technology Branch store.

The total numbers of members who enrolled in the Co-operative Society for the fiscal year was 3817, as compared with a total enrolment of 3871 for the preceeding year. Of this total, 1740 were officers or students of Technology.