CONSTRUCT NEW INDOOR RINK

Hockey Team Will Frobably Use Building on Mass. Ave, Near Technology.

A new indoor rink is assured the hockey teams for this winter's season. It will be erected, facing Massachusetts avenue, in the second floor of the "Tech, Block building. The corporation has been formed, the lease signed and construction on the rink will begin very soon, so that it may be ready for use by the first of December.

In speaking of the new rink, Major F. W. Moore '93, Graduate Treasurer of the Athletic Association, said; "No contract has been made to play there, but this will naturally follow, since, it is large enough to play on, it provides a surface for all weather."

Small Size a Hindrance.

One objection to the proposed rink is its size, 62 by 160 feet. The Brooklyn Ice Palace's enclosure is 56 by 200 feet, and this was found to be rather too small in the game with Yale last year. The usual dimensions are 80 by 180 to 200 feet. Due to the small size of the proposed arena, there is some doubt as to whether Yale and and Princeton will be willing to play there.

The great advantage of an indoor rink is, of course, that it is available for play in all weather. Last winter the team labored under the difficulty of never being sure of playing on account of the weather.

There will be stands and balconies at both ends of the building and boxes and galleries on the side. The seating capacity is estimated at 2000. The location is favorable for all concerned, as the building is easily accessible by subway and by automobile.