FALL CREW SEASON TO CLOSE WITH REGATTA

FEW CREWS CONTINUE

Fall rowing will come to an end next Tuesday with the start of the annual fall crew regatta, which will last until Friday. Every crew that has been rowing this fall is entered in the regatta, and the management expects to make the affair an even greater success than it has been in past years. According to the tentative schedule, the four days from Tuesday to Friday, inclusive, are filled with races, arranged approximately in the order of their importance. Thus on Friday will come not only the triangular University crew race, but also a race between the first crews from each of the Freshman dormitories.

The 1923 races will be of especial interest, as they will give the coaches an excellent opportunity to size up the prospects for next spring's Freshman eight.

On Tuesday the other Freshman crews will meet, and there will also be a race between the third Thayer and Eliot eights. The individual oarsmen in singles, comps, and wherries will monopolize all of Wednesday's program. The entries for these singles races are still open, and men wishing to sign up must see one of the managers as soon as possible. Thursday's races are between the other club crews, including that between the first Thayer and Eliot eights.

University Crews Cover Whole Course.

The three University eights will be the only ones to row the full mile and seven-eights course between Cottage Farm Bridge and the Union Boat Club. All the other crews will use the one mile course extending from Cottage Farm Bridge to Harvard Bridge. The singles row will all be held on the half-mile upstream course by the Stillman Infirmary.

It will be impossible for the management to arrange a definite schedule before Monday. There is still uncertainty, also, as to whether a graduate crew will be able to row, but, if possible one will be entered in the races.

From present indications only five or six crews will continue rowing after the regatta. The first three University crews, A. B and C, and probably two or three reorganized Freshman crews, will keep up their work until the cold weather forces them to abandon it.