ANDOVER LOSES TO SOCCER TEAM

Superior Crimson Eleven Easily Outpoints Academy Team by 3 to 1 Score.

The University Soccer Team defeated the Andover eleven Saturday afternoon by a score of 3 to 1. The Andover team, though outweighed and outclassed by the University players, put up a game fight, and throughout the first half succeeded in keeping the ball in the Harvard territory about half of the time. But in the second half Coach Burgess' men proved much stronger, and not only prevented the enemy from becoming dangerous again but kept the ball almost constantly in the latter's territory, although they were unable to score.

The first goal came within the first five minutes of play, when P. Fisher '20 succeeded in getting the ball past the Andover backstop. The University's other two scores also came in the first period. Fisher soon repeating his performance and K. C. Darling '22 following his example just before the period closed.

The Harvard line-up was as follows: g., Cummings; l.g., Glazier; r.f., Carpenter, c.h.b., Tilton; r.h.b., Masters; l.h.b., Heard, c., Fisher; l.i.f., Henderson; r.i.f., Darling; r.o.f., Kellett; l.o.f., Macey, Substitutes, Heath and Phillips.