DIVINITY SCHOOL MADE NOTABLE RECORD IN WAR

Movement to Better Co-operation with Affiliated Schools Has Made Great Progress.

In spite of the fact that ministers and theological students were exempt from service, the Divinity School has established an enviable record during the war by furnishing a large number of officers in various branches of the military service, in addition to the men who served as chaplains. This has been brought to light through the recent report made to the Board of Overseers by the Reverend Paul Revere Frothingham '86, chairman of the Visiting Committee of the Divinity School.

It is further pointed out in this report that, in spite of the fact that this department suffered from the war the same as the other departments of the University, it was nevertheless very active and progressive during this period. This is shown particularly in the recent movement to better the conditions of co-operation with affiliated schools which have been developed here in Cambridge within the last few years, and was also exemplified by the interdenominational meeting held in Cambridge in the summer of 1918.

A further example of this co-operative spirit may be found in the fact that courses of instruction are interchangeable between the Divinity School and the Andover Theological School, and that at present all of the instruction for the former is carried on in the Andover buildings since the Divinity Library and Divinity Hall were taken over by the Radio School. This general arrangement, begun with Andover, has been further extended to other schools, until at present it includes in a modified form a group of five separate theological schools, all interrelated and working in perfect harmony.