BOSTON SUBSCRIBES $825,000

ENDOWMENT DRIVE HERE BRINGS AMOUNT EQUAL TO THAT OF NEW YORK.

By last night Boston had tied New York's sum for $825,000 in the list of subscriptions received throughout the country in the Endowment drive. The Endowment Fund Committee was very much gratified at this result. A striking feature of the campaign is that many people, public-spirited men and women, who have never been to Harvard, are contributing large sums, amounting sometimes to as high as $57,000.

Eliot W. Wadsworth, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the Harvard Endowment Fund, and former Vice-Chairman of the American Red Cross, spoke about the present need of educated men. Mr. Wadsworth seemed to be greatly encouraged by the results shown so far in the campaign.

Table of Results. The results compiled yesterday are as follows: Greater Boston,  $825,000 Greater New York,  825,000 Delaware,  98,000 District of Columbia,  32,500 Illinois,  55,350 Louisiana,  4,010 Maryland,  1,000 Berkshire County, Mass.,  10,000 Worcester, Mass.,  10,500 Michigan,  30,000 Eastern Pennslyvania  11,185 Scattering,  36,000 Grand Total,  $1,934,545