ANOTHER CALL.

Again a request for volunteers to aid during the police shortage has been made. There are many men in the University who, outside of their studies, have little to do, and could very readily give their services. The Newton Constabulary needs fifty men, and this a minimum. Surely a number of men in College could give eight out of every forty-eight hours of their time. It is not a matter of having to neglect one's studies or other activities, or of being cut off from them. The significant fact is that the tour of duty will be adjusted so as to fit in with College work. The greater part of those who have been volunteering for the insurance of order have been business men, Upon them has rested for some time the tediousness of patrolling the streets, together with increased office worries. They must be relieved. That tendency which Harvard has always shown in furnishing volunteers for constructive work can again find expression. Let those of us who can, come forward to fulfill this obligation.