GLEE, BANJO, AND MANDOLIN GLUBS ARRIVE AT AGREEMENT

SONG CLUB ABOLISHED

At a meeting held in President Lowell's office Thursday afternoon, attended by a representative from each of the University's musical organizations, the following agreement was reached between the University Glee Club and the Banjo and Mandolin Club.

1. The Harvard Glee Club, Harvard Instrumental Clubs, including Banjo and Mandolin, and Pierian Sodality, are here by separate from each other. Shall each be known by its name above; shall each have its own organization, officers and business manager; and shall have at all times freedom to arrange for itself a concert by itself, or in conjunction with one or both of the remaining organizations. When in concert with one or both of the other organizations, the names shall remain separate, such as Harvard Glee and Instrumental Clubs.

2. The various clubs retain at all times the right to choose the concert at which they are to sing, subject to the reference to President Lowell, or the Regent of the College, of the question of the performance, except that the Glee Club agrees to sing with the Instrumental clubs in the Yale and Princeton Annual Dual Concerts and in five other concerts during the academic year 1919-1920.

3. The various clubs referred to reserve the right to choose the type of program which shall be presented at any concert in which they take part. Wherever the question of specialty numbers or joint work should arise, it shall be referred to the officers sitting in committee of each partaking club; always with the provision that if the officers of any one club believe that such effort is not consistent with their policy, they shall have the right to refuse to take such part.

4. The Instrumental clubs always retain the right to furnish for themselves any quartet or small-sized singing organization which they wish to Provide for their own concerts, by themselves, provided that the name Harvard Instrumental Clubs be not changed under any circumstances.

5. The name, Harvard Musical Clubs, is hereby abolished.

6. This agreement will remain in effect during the current academic year.

This agreement is printed in order to clarify the general misunderstanding which has existed in regard to the relations between the two clubs over since their separation last year. According to the old agreement all the clubs were combined under one management, and called the Harvard Musical Clubs.

The new agreement allows each organization to operate independently, at the same time providing for their working together whenever desired, particularly on such occasions as the dual concerts with Yale and Princeton and on the annual trips to New York and Providence Through this arrangement the newly organized Song Club will automatically be abolished and the members recently retained will be given a change on the Glee Club.