133 JOIN DISCUSSION GROUPS

GROUPS OF PROFESSORS PLATNER AND FERGUSON TO MEET TONIGHT.

According to figures received last night, 133 men have enrolled in the nine discussion groups formed last week. Considering the recency of the formation of the groups, these figures compare favorably with last year's total, 200 men in ten groups. If any one wishes to join late, he may do so by leaving his name, address and group at Phillips Brooks House. The following first meetings listed, with the numbers of groups, are to be held this week and next: (1) Professor W. S. Ferguson, this evening at 7 o'clock, at 8 Scott street (off Kirkland street); (3) Professor J. W. Platner, this evening at 5.15 o'clock in the Shephard Room of the Phillips Brooks House; (7) Professor E. e. Day, next Thursday evening at 7.15 o'clock, also in the Shephard Room; (0) Professor G. G. Wilson, Tuesday evening at 7 o'clock, in the Noble Room of Phillips Brooks House, and (8) Professor Hoernle, Tuesday evening at 7 o'clock in the Shephard Room.

The discussion groups were originated in March, 1918, when a mass meeting of the University was called in order to arouse undergraduate interest in the problems of reconstruction after the war. So much enthusiasm was shown at the meeting that it was decided to start the new system. Twelve groups were formed under different members of the Faculty, and 121 students enrolled at that time.